Green tea is loaded with benefits and many people swear by it. It is healthy, helps reduce weight, maintain healthy immune system, makes your skin glow etc. Green tea, especially tulsi green tea, has added benefits, especially for pregnant women. This article discusses some of the benefits of tulsi green tea especially for pregnant women and also breaks some myths surrounding it.
Tea drinkers know what it’s like to start a day without a cup. It energizes you and refreshes you instantly. However, there are times when you have to let go of tea, or probably cut down on the intake.
Pregnancy is one such time when women are advised to reduce their intake of caffeine found in tea. However, there are ways in which pregnant women can continue to enjoy an occasional cup of tea.
If you want to get Tulsi green tea, buy online as it gives you flexibility to shop at the comfort of your couch, a necessity not a luxury for pregnant women. Although green tea also contains some amount of caffeine, the positives of green tea and tulsi are immense.
Benefits of green tea:
- Green tea is rich in antioxidants which are wonderful in avoiding any kind of cell damage in the body. Antioxidants also help prevent any kind of heart disease, diabetes and high blood pressure. If you have been a regular green tea drinker since before your pregnancy, chances are you might be able to avoid gestational diabetes and high blood pressure which are common occurrences during pregnancy.
- It is also very good for teeth and bones. So while the baby is getting nutrition from you, you can depend of green tea for your overall well-being.
- It also promotes and maintains a healthy immune system.
Overall, green tea will keep you healthy enough to get through a tiring day. Pregnant women often complain of lethargy which can be overcome by having a cup of green tea.
When tulsi is combined with green tea, you get the added benefit of tulsi which is a herbal remedy for a whole lot of problems.
Benefits of tulsi green tea:
- Tulsi leaves are a stress-buster. Pregnancy brings with it a lot of mood swings and there are days when you feel completely down and out. Having a cup of tulsi green tea will help lift your mood.
- Acidity and gas are a common complaint during pregnancy. Consuming tulsi in any form can help overcome the problem.
- Tulsi is also loaded with antioxidants. So tulsi green tea is a great way to boost you immunity and keep you healthy during your pregnancy.
- During pregnancy, bones tend to get inflamed. It is more common in case of your back, hip and legs. While you might be tempted to get rid of the pain caused by taking a pain killer, it is not advisable. Instead, have a cup of tulsi green tea as tulsi is great in relieving this pain.
However, there are some don’ts associated with tulsi green tea for pregnant ladies.
- Do not drink too much of it as the caffeine can harm your baby. For pregnant women, it is advised to have just two cups of Tulsi green tea a day.
- Too much of it can also put you at risk of excessive bleeding during surgery. That is why it is advisable to stop its consumption about two weeks before you are due.
You can also buy chamomile tea online or mint green tea for a change of flavor.
Excess of anything is bad and same goes for tulsi green tea. It has its benefits but it also has certain negatives. So be well informed and always consult your doctor before starting on any such thing. If you want to get tulsi green tea, buy online as you can also read up about the product and see which one is safe and beneficial for you and your little one in your womb.